Team Leader Backup & Storage engineer
The Team Leader Storage and Backup Engineer will support and maintain Storage and Backup infrastructure; analyse and assess the Banks requirements; develop and maintain systems based on those requirements.
The engineers will partner and collaborate with other infrastructure teams, service management, and information security and applications development teams in the execution of duties.
The team of Storage and Backup Engineers shall collectively possess all of the technical skills de-scribed below, i.e. each of the technical skills listed below shall be covered at least by one (1) re-source proposed for this profile.
The non-exhaustive list of job responsibilities as well as technical and specific skills / experience is shown below.
Provide subject matter expertise in storage and backup engineering;
* Manage the storage and backup infrastructure ensuring that service levels are met;
* Plan, design, and implement an enterprise class storage and backup infrastructure, including for mission critical applications in a complex IT environment;
* Develop and implement maintenance plans and activities related to capacity management, upgrades and other related maintenance;
* Proactively monitor and perform capacity planning for the storage and backup environment;
* Proactively evaluate and analyse performance, incidents, indicators and metrics in order to provide and implement recommendations for service improvements within the storage and backup infrastructure;
* Research new technologies and trends in the storage, backup and data centre domain to identify methods to make continuous improvements in the storage and backup service offering.
Provide subject matter expertise in Team leading;
* prooven experience in people management (talent developement, training plan and performance evelaution)
* good communication and relationship skills
* Leadership and management skills
* Structured and methodologic approach