Data Centre Infrastructure Specialist (shift work)
Data Centre Infrastructure Specialist (shift work)LondonUK-P-1305/1 Team Purpose:
You will be part of an 8 person team working across two sites but based in one. You will be the key point of contact for any Data Centre requirements. This role is 24/7/365 to ensure that out of hours upgrades, modifications and physical work can be carried out in a timely manner. Your priorities will be driven by ServiceNow tickets which are raised by internal and external customers with clear SLA expectations surrounding these. Role Purpose:
You will be working as part of a Cloud and Compute Team, responsible for delivering world class quality level 2 support, for internal and customer facing systems and ensure that successful completion of operational activities are achieved on the IT infrastructure.
You will actively engage in monitoring systems and provide technical support within the environment to deliver and maintain operational services. You will conduct investigations into complex operational problems and makes proposals for improvement as well as carry out reviews of systems performance, assist specialists, systems engineers or service providers to plan details of amendments and upgrades to systems.
You will be the go to person for 3rd
party vendor engineers who come to site. It will be vital to be able to work closely with Network, Virtualisation, Compute and Backup teams to provide a fully rounded level of support when troubleshooting and rolling out a new solution.Responsibilities/Accountability:
- Take ownership of level 2 issues but also support level 3 issues through the lifecycle of each case as reported by the Service Desk;
- Identify, diagnose and troubleshoot problems to limit unscheduled product downtime;
- Provide timely feedback on progress in line with the process methodology;
- Manage incoming workload from multiple channels;
- Collaborate with the wider IT Infrastructure Team to resolve customer issues;
- Contribute to knowledge creation utilising and sharing technical documentation;
- Maintain issue management through Global Service Now;
- Implement change requests, upgrades and patches as required;
- Proactively manage and administer systems to ensure optimal performance and minimise downtime; and
- Produce, when required, clear and well-structured written documentation and communication.
- This is mainly a BAU role but there will be opportunities to be able to contribute to projects as they come along